Virtual information session
The Pre-Health Programs at the University of Pennsylvania recently hosted an online virtual information session for students interested in medical, dental, and veterinary careers. Led by Program Director Jackie McLaughlin, the information session video is an opportunity to learn more about the programs and admissions process, as well as clinical, volunteer, and research opportunities.
If you have a problem viewing this video, you can watch it on YouTube.
For guidelines on getting started as a new Penn student, choosing classes, reviewing policies and more, refer to the Pre-Health Programs Student Handbook (PDF).
Current students in the Pre-Health Programs develop and share a monthly newsletter promoting upcoming student events, important academic dates, student interest groups, advice from current students and more.
Penn Post-Baccalaureate Society
The Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Programs Society is committed to fostering a sense of community by organizing volunteer activities and a variety of professional and social events. The organization is devoted to creating a supportive environment for students to become involved socially, academically and professionally.
Previous volunteer activities organized by the Society have included:
- MANNA: Delivering meals to medically compromised individuals in the Philadelphia community.
- The Welcome Center: Working at the soup kitchen in Center City.
- ActionAIDS: Supporting the needs of individuals living with AIDS in the Philadelphia community.
- University City Hospitality Coalition: Supporting a soup kitchen that also provides a free medical, dental and legal clinic.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities, Philadelphia Chapter: Supporting sick children and their families.
- Penn Wissahickon Hospice: Supporting patients and family members.