We've partnered with several of the University of Pennsylvania’s world-class graduate programs to provide you with the opportunity to earn a second degree while studying in the Master of Environmental Studies program. You must be accepted to each program separately, but all dual degree programs are available to you even after you begin the Master of Environmental Studies degree. With a dual degree program, you gain deep expertise in two areas, doubling your networks and knowledge.
- Master of Environmental Studies/Juris Doctor (JD)
- Master of Environmental Studies/Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Environmental Studies/Master of City & Regional Planning (MCP)
- Master of Environmental Studies/Master in Law (ML)
- Master of Environmental Studies/Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Environmental Studies/Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Environmental Studies/MS Nonprofit Leadership (NPL)
- Master of Environmental Studies/Veterinariae Medicinae Doctoris (VMD)
- Multi-Master’s Degree in International Environmental Management (IEM)
Download: MES Dual Degree Handbook 2021-2022
Watch the video below as Dr. Yvette Bordeaux, Master of Environmental Studies Program Director, gives an overview of the dual degree options available to students.
If you are having trouble seeing this video, you can watch it on YouTube.
While enrolled in the Master of Environmental Studies degree, you may also pursue one of four certificate options. In many cases, courses taken in the degree program will overlap with requirements for the certificate and can be double-counted.
The certificates include:
- Certificate in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Spatial Analysis, School of Design
- Land Preservation Certificate, School of Design
- Certificate in Law, Penn Law
- Certificate in Nonprofit Administration, Fels Institute of Government
Submatriculation for Penn undergraduates
If you are a current undergraduate student at the University of Pennsylvania and know you want to pursue a Master of Environmental Studies degree, you can submatriculate into the program. Submatriculates begin their graduate studies while still completing an undergraduate degree. Read more about submatriculation into the MES program.