Elite health professional school preparation with proven results
In the University of Pennsylvania’s Pre-Health Post-Baccalaureate Programs, you receive Ivy League preparation for demanding health professional schools. Our world-class faculty and dedicated program staff help you develop the curriculum and hands-on experiences necessary to excel in your field. We also offer key admissions support as you prepare applications for medical, dental, veterinary, physician assistant, or nursing school.
- Enroll in Pre-Health Core Studies if you do not have a background in the sciences and are seeking the fundamental groundwork for your future health profession
- Enroll in Pre-Health Specialized Studies if you have a significant science background and want to bolster your academic credentials and update your knowledge of advanced topics
Many of our students don't fit neatly into either track, and students with some prior science coursework may qualify to start in the summer term and complete the program in one year. Our expert advising team helps you develop a personalized profile of classes.
All of our Pre-Health students can:
- Gain volunteer and research experience in the Penn Health Network
- Receive one-on-one advising and committee letter support
- Take advantage of standardized test preparation and discounts
- Join a variety of health-related student interest groups
- Participate in special guest lectures and seminars
- Connect with a close-knit community of peers