What do you want to master?
Your journey to the Master of Liberal Arts at the University of Pennsylvania starts with you: your passions, your questions, and your unique combination of academic interests. You state your goals, and we help you craft your course of study within the exciting academic environment of the Ivy League.
- Discover courses in more than 50 academic subjects across the arts and sciences
- Enroll full or part time, so you can pursue your education without interrupting your career
- Enjoy small seminar settings in daytime or evening classes
- Take online courses that fit your schedule
- Enhance your education with world-renowned faculty and Ivy League resources
- Receive one-on-one advising to make the most of your Penn experience
- Choose from courses across the University and build an entirely unique curriculum, or focus your studies with a graduate certificate in a wide range of topics:
- African Studies
- African American Studies
- Ancient Studies
- Cinema Studies
- Creative Writing
- Cultural Heritage Management
- East Asian Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Folklore Studies
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Global Studies
- Jewish Studies
- Latin American Studies
- Public Culture
- Religion in Public Life
- Urban Studies
- If you already hold a master’s degree, the Master of Philosophy in Liberal Arts can be an important step toward doctoral study or a way to deepen your engagement with a topic of interest.
Be the master of your future. Enrich your career or create a launchpad for new opportunities today—our doors are open.